Almost every business uses forms because they’re a powerful marketing and data collection tool. Even though you can create forms yourself, it’s easier and more professional to use an online form builder.
There are multiple form builder options you can choose from, so you need to know what to aim for. Most form builders offer similar features, so it may seem like it doesn’t matter which one you use. But in the end, tiny details can make a huge difference.
To make sure you end up with the best form builder for your business, you need a checklist with all the features that matter the most.
10 Features That Make a Great Online Form Builder
Below we’ve listed the most powerful form builder features you should look for.
1. Easy to use / intuitive
An easy-to-use form builder will have a drag-and-drop option that makes it simple to create any form you like, real-time changes, and a preview option. These will make form building effortless.
2. Integration with other platforms
You will probably have to transfer data from one app to another to create your e-forms. For that, you need a form builder that offers integration with your most frequently used platforms.
Did you know? 123 Form Builder is compatible and integrated with over 80 tools like Salesforce, PayPal, Wix, and Mailchimp.
3. Conditional logic
Conditional logic is a feature that allows you to consider the respondent's input when making decisions. You can skip or add specific questions to create a personalized experience.
Templates are a necessary feature for every form builder, but you need to find one that offers high-quality templates that convert quickly and offer you design freedom.
It’s essential to have the option to modify and adapt templates to make them look on brand. For instance, if you can customize your Thank You page, you’ll be able to get some important information from and to your customers.
6. No coding skills required
Unless you or someone on your team has great coding skills, you need to find a form builder that doesn’t require coding skills. Most form builders with predefined templates don’t require coding but double-check before making your final choice.
Here's a drag-and-drop form builder that you can try for free.
7. Customer support
If anything goes wrong with your builder or you need help, it’s reassuring to have a 24/7 customer support team. They’ll offer guidance and help you fix any issue you might have at any moment in time.
8. Analytics and dashboard
A good analytics dashboard can help you gather and organize the incoming responses so you can understand the depth of the feedback you receive. It can also empower you to identify possible issues in your forms and give you insight into how users interact with your forms.
Seeing as how mobile traffic accounts for over 50% of global web traffic, your form builder needs to give you the option to create forms that adapt to screens of all sizes.
Finally, one of the most critical form builder features is safety and security. Look for a builder that uses encryption technology such as SSL, captchas and has virus and malware protection.
123 Form Builder has proven safety features that protect the data of numerous companies and customers around the world.
If you’re choosing between multiple form builder options that have all the features above, look at these three additional criteria that can help you make the right decision:
- Consider the pricing. Pricing always matters. It’s not about finding the cheapest option but about finding the option that gives you the best value for its price. Check if the entry price is lower than the monthly fees, if there are any limitations in the different pricing plans, and if you believe you’ll get a good return on your investment.
- Reviews. Look for a form builder that has multiple good, balanced, and realistic reviews. It will show you what you can expect and what kind of experience previous customers have had with that form builder. Reviews are the best indicator of how professional a business is and the quality of the product.
- Company experience on the market. You don’t want to work with someone who just got into the form-building business. Instead, find a company that’s been on the market for multiple years so you can be sure they’re legitimate and won’t go out of business any time soon.
Without forms, it would be hard for your business to collect valuable data from your customers and ultimately improve your products or services. But you can’t just choose the first form builder you come across. Instead, you need to study all of its features carefully before you make a decision.
Look for an easy-to-use form builder that comes with drag-and-drop functionality, great customizable templates, integrations, rigorous security, and all the other features we mentioned. And to be on the safe side, don’t forget to check prices and reviews.